NYC West Village Walking Tour
Monmouth Arts is offering an exclusive West Village walking tour with NYC certified tour guide Steve Sickles! Cost is only $25 for members, $35 for nonmembers. This event will take place on May 30th, 2015. Not sure if your membership is up to date? Call us at 732-212-1890
What’s the plan?
- 7:15 am leave Red Bank station, arrive NY Penn station 8:42
- Take subway (A Train) to Greenwich Village
- Breakfast at Cafe Cluny in West Village
- West Village Walking Tour
- Magnolia Cupcakes
- White House Tavern (Dylan Thomas, Bob Dylan & Jack Kerouac)
- St. Luke’s Place (Audrey Hepburn, Jimmy “J.J.” Walker & Keith Haring)
- 75 1/2 Bedford & the Cherry Lane Theater (Edna St. Vincent Millay & Chekhov)
- O. Henry’s Atelier (His loft, and inspiration for “The Last Leaf”)
- Christopher Street (McNulty’s Tea & the Lucille Lortel Theater)
- Stonewall Inn (The Stonewall Riots & the Birthplace of the Gay Revolution)
- Positively West 4th Street (Dylan – again – and “American Werewolf in London”)
- Washington Square Outdoor Art Fair
- Washington Square to Union Square Shopping Walk
- Late Lunch/Supper/Cocktails at Eataly in Flatiron
It’s sure to be a day packed full with amazing art experiences & great company!
Space is very limited, so Register Now!
Register by May 25th.
Questions? Contact Danielle Acerra email@example.com OR 732-212-1890 x 3
*Participants are responsible for their transportation, food, and beverage costs*
This tour will benefit Monmouth Arts.
Film Premiere: Aloft
May 21st, 2015 7:00 pm
Directed by: Claudia Llosa
Starring: Jennifer Connelly
Plot Summary: “Nana Kunning (Jennifer Connelly) was a struggling mother that abandoned her son Ivan (Cillian Murphy) 20 years ago. Now she is becoming a famous artist and healer when Jannia (Mélanie Laurent), a young journalist tracks down Ivan and sets up an encounter between Nana and Ivan that will make them question their lives.”
THURSDAY, MAY 21, 2015
FILM: 7:00 PM
BOW TIE CINEMA
36 WHITE STREET, RED BANK, NJ
RECEPTION: 5:30-6:45 PM
19 BROAD STREET, RED BANK, NJ
RECEPTION & FILM $40 MEMBERS, $50 NON-MEMBERS
FILM ONLY $12 IN ADVANCE, $15 AT THE DOOR
MoCo Public Art Project
Monmouth Arts is participating in the OceanFirst Foundation Charity Challenge! Our mission is to raise money to build 5 PUBLIC ART PROJECTS in 5 COMMUNITIES along the MoCo Arts Corridor – from Matawan to Manasquan. Imagine some awesome public art in a community near you… together we can make it happen!
The best part is, we don’t have to win the whole enchilada to raise funding. We get to keep any money donated during the challenge.
Let’s make some art… DONATE NOW!
Also, check out our awesome campaign video! JUST CLICKING ON THE VIDEO CAN HELP US WIN A $5,000 GRANT!
The challenge ends May 15, 2015.
Board Development Workshops with Pat Richter
YOU ASK, WE DELIVER!
Pat Richter partners with Monmouth Arts to make these workshops more affordable for you! These Board Development workshops in NYC at the Support Center for Nonprofit Management would cost $90 each plus commuting costs. DON’T MISS THIS OPPORTUNITY!
1. Board Challenges in All Volunteer Organizations – FRIDAY, JUNE 5, 9:30 am – 12:30 pm: This workshop is for arts related non-profits that don’t have a paid Executive Director (part time or full time Administrator is ok!) and the Board is both governing and implementing programs. Deadline to register is June 1 – Register Now!
2. Board Roles and Responsibilities and Board Recruitment – FRIDAY, JUNE 19, 9:30 am – 12:30 pm: This workshop will help arts related non-profits assess if their Boards are embracing their ten principle responsibilities. It will also review how to ‘get ready’ for a Board member recruitment drive with strategies for attracting the right people. Deadline to register is June 15 – Register Now!
Continental breakfast will be provided at each workshop! Cost for each workshop is only $50 for members and $60 for nonmembers! Not a member yet? Join Now!