Wednesday, May 9th from 9 am to 4 pm
Location: Guild of Creative Arts ,620 Broad Street, Shrewsbury, NJ 07702
Fee: $65 non members, $50 Monmouth Arts members (ind. or group)
In this workshop, we will discuss what makes a project compelling to a funder, and how to paint a vibrant picture of your organization and programs through the limited format of a typical proposal.
In this introductory workshop, participants will:
- Learn the language of proposal writing
- Learn the eleven basic components of a proposal
- Learn how to develop strong program objectives
- Learn how to develop a proposal budget
Who should attend:
- Proposal writers with less than three years of experience
- Executive directors, program directors and development directors with proposal writing job responsibilities
Instructor: Pat Richter has been affiliated with the Support Center since 2002 in many capacities, including as a volunteer facilitator of workshops, affiliated consultant, interim director of consulting, and interim director of professional development. She has her own nonprofit consulting and coaching business, PR Quickhelp, which helps both nonprofits and foundations large and small. Areas of expertise include proposal writing, strategic planning, program planning, research, and organization assessments. Fields of expertise include health, developmental disabilities, the arts, and domestic and substance abuse. Pat has a Master’s in Public Administration from Pace University and has completed advanced coursework in alchoholism studies from Rutgers University.
To register contact: Danny Tamez, Monmouth County Arts Council, 732 212-1890 ext. 3 OR register online.